RANDOM WEAVE SCULPTURES WITH CATRIONA POLLARD
Join this fun filled full day workshop and learn the random weave basketry technique
using the wonderful Australian native Bangalow Palm inflorescence.
• Learn with an international teacher and expert basket weaver and the 2021 Northern Beaches Council Artist in Residence.
• You’ll make a gorgeous basket or a wall sculpture even if you don’t think you can!
• Get your creative groove on!
Held at the stunning Eramboo Artist Environment at Terrey Hills, in Sydney Northern Beaches.
By the end of this course, not only will you have gorgeous baskets or wall sculpture, but you will be confident in this basketry technique.
The workshop is all about exploration and play – not perfection. It’s perfect for those who think they have little creativity or artistic ability (we are all creative!)- or want to explore that quality more.
Experience and explore sculptural basketry techniques and learn how to create something from found organic material just using your hands and imagination.
It’s a small class so you get hands-on tuition from expert weaver, Catriona Pollard. Materials included, but if you have access to Bangalow Palm inflorescence then bring it along. Once booked, you’ll receive preparation notes.
Suitable for beginners. If you’ve never done weaving before – perfect! You’ll love it and leave with finished basket or sculpture.
This course is for you if:
• You want to learn the ancient basketry technique of random weaving, but don’t know where to start.
• You don’t have any experience or want to further develop your weaving.
• You’re looking for a fun, relaxing creative outlet, and an enjoyable way to spend your downtime.
COVID safe practices in place. Limited students, 1.5 spacing for tables, and mask worn by teacher and optional for students.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL for all workshops as there is limited number of spots available.
More information and bookings: https://theartofweaving.com.au/product/random-weave-sculptures-sunday-25-april/